My therapist suggested art!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Death ... and Paperwork

In the last three years, death has come to three people very close to me - my spouse, my son in-law, and just last week a dear friend I consider a sister. My heart grieves the loss of their love and laughter.

The well known phrase about death and taxes is so very true. Loved ones die but paperwork keeps coming. In fact, death brings an onslaught of paperwork to those left behind. When she was in hospice care, I asked my spouse to take the computer and our paper files with her into the afterlife so she could continue this grievous task. Her response: "I'll try." But darn, it hasn't happened yet. So for three years, I've been managing on my own. So far, no dire consequences. But still I long for peaceful acceptance.

Today I dealt with vast amounts of it. While applying for a job online (deadline today), I discovered that my copies of college transcripts have vanished. In preparation for filing legal documents, I discovered that I mailed an envelope via delivery confirmation, rather than registered or certified mail as required. Ugh .. more paperwork.

Paperwork is a necessary evil that belongs to neither my heart nor my soul. To the credit of myself and all my supporters, today I grieved only for loved ones lost.




1 comment:

  1. Admittedly, I was drawn to read this post because of the title. It is funny and the post is rather blue. I am so sorry you had to endure such extensive grief multiplied! I hadn't realized that. You are so strong and have been inspirational to me. Thank you for sharing. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

The word verification is there to discourage Spam.