My therapist suggested art!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Goodness!

Yay, having a good day!

In fact, these come more often than the blog may imply. This may be the way the ADD/anxiety combination works - at least for me: strong feelings. And when I'm feeling good, nothing can be better!

I worked hard this week to get here, which may be part of the joy. I meditated in earnest. I reminded myself that I am loved - truly loved. I spoke with kind and loving friends, hopefully without being too much. I told myself to "get it together." When anxiety came, I perceived it as a call to action but not my essence. And I reviewed my "life accomplishments" - an emotional/spiritual resume of the choices and challenges through which I have persisted, if not with perfect courage or pure intent, at least with the best I could muster at the time and with some interesting experiences and stories (another blog?) as a result.

In addition, a high school classmate passed from this life as a result of Leukemia. And J found herself with family at a funeral. Sometimes I find that perspective turns into guilt, but this time perspective was ... perspective.

Best of all, I reminded myself to be patient and persistent. What I truly desire manifests. A thought can be the beginning, not the whole deal. And I'm a work in progress. If I were done, I wouldn't still be here among the living.

I'm not prone to traditional addictions, but my 12-step friends got it right. One day at a time. And I'm enjoying this one.

2 comments:

  1. I've read every entry to date (7/19/12). You're doing a good job, Frances! Of course, you know I can relate to several of your challenges...not only being an adult with ADD but having two children who also experience it. Several of your personal reminders are things I've been telling myself for a long time. Our journeys will be interesting ones! Keep writing. I think you have a talent for it.

    Love you - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I seem to have missed the memo that ADD challenges you, too, although I'm aware that it applies to your kids. Go to the link for "Women with ADHD" and log in; find the Group "Being really, really smart;" and add your voice. Research shows women with ADD commonly are very smart. But this Group has only one post! (Until I add a second shortly.)

    I love you, too, Nicole. And I must admit, I'm amused you signed on here as Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

The word verification is there to discourage Spam.