My therapist suggested art!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Turned it around!

Was feeling awful for a few days. Not sure why. But I picked a fight with J - about mopping the stairs, for goodness sake. I also burst into tears while at lunch with longtime friend E, who suggested an appointment about menopause. Oh, goodness! Okay, scheduled that for next week, two days before I see the psychiatrist. Had a quick call from the therapist, who told me (politely, of course) that I need patience with the process/myself.
Dinner with a few women friends scheduled at our place last evening. I was home early from work because I needed a break between events. Have I mentioned that I am a sociable introvert? It turns out the extroverts put me on the hot seat. I was oh-so-lovingly challenged to respect myself more, to meditate regularly (self-affirming meditation was suggested ), and to exercise more patience (hmm, that again) to reduce the perspective of "pressure."
This morning J sacrificed her intended motorcycle ride to make me an omelet because she knew I hadn't been eating, a side effect when anxious. Then she drove us to a local coffee shop and dropped me off at work. Fabulous! I appreciate the support from others. And clearly, a gentle morning, although necessitating arising earlier, is far preferable to grudgingly dragging myself out of bed at the last moment with only a list of tasks on the horizon. I made a conscious decision to replace the "grumpy messages" in my head with happier ones. Best day in quite some time! And I scheduled early morning coffee with an acquaitance for two days from now, to hold me to the commitment to an enjoyable start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

The word verification is there to discourage Spam.