My therapist suggested art!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Clever idea!

My smart phone now has an alarm that talks to me. It's meant to tell me the time and temperature, but I can replace the text with anything I like. I've converted this alarm to make it ADD-friendly!

First thing in the morning, it tells me that I want to get out of bed to work on my priorities and make the world a better place. Thirty-five (35) minutes before I leave for work, my favorite alarm reminds me that I've been working on my priorities one day at a time, so breathe and keep moving forward. On weekends, the morning alarm tells me it's time to get up and enjoy my weekend. At work, I choose not to disturb or amuse co-workers with these verbal alarms, so I set them to pop up visually. After work, I have more alarms that remind me to return to priorities, get ready for the next day, and "Turn off the computer and go to bed. A well-rested Frances is a happy and productive Frances."

Friends, of course, laugh and ask, "What is that?" when the alarms go off during dinner or discussions. Yet I find these alarms useful and kindly motivating. The grief group finds them absolutely wonderful, too. As it turns out, ADD isn't the only thing that challenges the memory!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's an awesome use of the alarms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that you were so engaging at this point. What does it feel like to look back at yourself here...and realize just how you are taking life by the reigns and actively making a difference in the world at large?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

The word verification is there to discourage Spam.